The capital city of China, Beijing is known for its modern as well as ancient architecture. Beijing is described as “the cradle of Humanity” as it has a major influence on world’s politics, business and economy; also known as the Billionaire capital of the world. Due to a very long history Beijing has a lot of tourist attractions and is one of the most visited cities of the world.
Things to do in Beijing-
- Visit the Forbidden city, a huge palace complex and also has museum within
- Great wall of china-This a must visit place if you are going to china, this historic wall made of stone, brick, earth and wood will mesmerize you.
- Summer Palace- It is a lake facing Palace of the Quing dynasty.
- Temple of Heaven- This temple was built by the Emperor Yongle and was designated as world heritage site in 1998
- Tiananmen Square- A public square as well as a cultural site to visit.
- Beihai Park- This Park is 1000 years old spread over an area of 171 acres.
- Ming Tombs- A collection of Tombs used for the burial of emperors of the Ming Dynasty.
- Juyong Pass
- Old Summer Palace- These are ruins of a palace with beautiful gardens
- Mausoleum of Mao Zedong
- Beijing National Stadium
What to eat?
Some of the must try in Beijing are-
- Wandouhuang at Huguosi Snacks- It is a cake made from peas and is very fresh and known for its golden color.
- Pecking Roast Duck at Quanjude
- Xiao Diao Li Tang- It is a refreshing drink in Beijing
- Qianlong Cabbage- Made from cabbage with sesame sauce, vinegar and Honey
- Zhajiangmian at Hai Wan Ju- This is the most famous fried sauce noodles in Beijing.
- The Beijing Mutton Hotpot at Jubaoyuan